Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Truffles and Art!

I know I haven't posted in a while, but I've been busy making truffles! I found a recipe that I am quite fond of, as well as a chocolate that is quality. It's not organic, like I had originally planned, but I figure I can upgrade once my chocolates are making some moola. The flavor oils I found, however, are organic - and they are both tasty and efficient! I only used one drop of the oil in each batch I made and they were plenty flavorful.

Here are some pics of my latest works. As well as playing with more of the colors of pearl dust for the artwork on the squares of chocolate, I coated the truffles in it. I'm not sure that it shows up on the pictures very well, but it gives it a really neat shine.






This is a closeup of the coconut design for the squares. I'm pretty pleased with the way it came out. And you can sort of see the gleam of red on the truffle beside it. It's an orange-cinnamon truffle, hence the red pearl dust!



And this is a closeup of the cinnamon design. The pictures came out a little better this time around. The white plate in the background really makes them pop. And I was a little more patient with letting the chocolate set before poking it... so there are less fingerprints this time too!


And here's a line-up of the truffles... I also tried some milk chocolate coating this time. It turned out to be a really great combo. The red dust is a little bit harder to see on the dark chocolate than on the milk, but it really does look better in person.

So... I already have a few orders coming in, from friends, of course... but it's still exciting! And I've come up with some make-shift business cards for now. I wanted to wait until the Etsy store is up and running so I can have that address on it as well.

That's all for now!

1 comment:

LeeBee said...

Ahem. Why hasn't the etsy store been put up as a link here? Hmmm?